Peer review process
The VNU Journal of Foreign Studies is an esteemed academic journal published by Vietnam National University. It is committed to advancing scholarly knowledge and promoting intellectual discourse in the fields of linguistics, foreign language education, and international studies. As such, the journal aims to publish high-quality research that makes a significant contribution to the field.
To ensure the integrity and rigor of the research published in the VNU Journal of Foreign Studies, all submissions undergo a thorough peer review process. Peer review is an essential component of academic publishing, as it allows for the evaluation and critique of research by experts in the relevant field. At the same time, it also provides authors with valuable feedback to help improve their work.
In this document, we outline the blinded peer review process for the VNU Journal of Foreign Studies. This process is designed to ensure that all manuscripts are evaluated fairly and rigorously by qualified experts in the field, while maintaining the confidentiality of both the authors and reviewers. By following this process, we strive to maintain the highest standards of academic publishing and contribute to the advancement of scholarship in the field of linguistics, foreign language education, and international studies.
- Initial Screening: The Editor-in-Chief will first review the manuscript for overall suitability and compliance with the journal’s scope and policies. Manuscripts that do not meet these criteria will be rejected at this stage.
- Assignment of Reviewers: The Editor-in-Chief will assign at least two reviewers who are experts in the relevant field to evaluate the manuscript. The reviewers’ identities will be kept confidential, and they will be blinded to the author’s identity.
- Review Process: The reviewers will be asked to provide detailed feedback on the manuscript’s strengths and weaknesses. The review will assess the clarity and coherence of the manuscript, the quality of research methodology, the significance and originality of the findings, the accuracy of the data, and the overall contribution to the field. The reviewers will be asked to provide constructive criticism and suggestions for improvement, while also identifying any potential ethical issues.
- Evaluation and Decision: The Editor-in-Chief will review the feedback from the reviewers and make a decision on whether to accept, reject, or request revisions to the manuscript. If revisions are requested, the manuscript will be returned to the author for further work. The author will have a set amount of time to complete the revisions before resubmitting the manuscript for review.
- Final Decision: After receiving the revised manuscript, the Editor-in-Chief will make a final decision on whether to accept or reject it. If the manuscript is accepted, it will be published in the VNU Journal of Foreign Studies. If it is rejected, the author will be notified and provided with feedback on how to improve the manuscript for future submissions.
The blinded peer review process for the VNU Journal of Foreign Studies is a crucial step in ensuring the publication of high-quality research. By providing detailed feedback and constructive criticism, reviewers can help authors improve their work and contribute to the advancement of scholarship in the field of linguistics, foreign language education, and international studies. At the same time, the process ensures that published research meets the highest standards of academic integrity and rigor.
The VNU Journal of Foreign Studies is committed to maintaining a transparent and fair peer review process that is guided by ethical principles and the highest standards of academic publishing. By following this process, we aim to support the scholarly community and promote the exchange of ideas and knowledge across the world.
We welcome submissions from scholars and researchers from around the world and look forward to working with you to advance the field of linguistics, foreign language education, and international studies.